Frequently Asked Questions
To find out more about Revitive Circulation Boosters and our other Medical Devices
Revitive has been specifically designed to be used at home, by people of all ages. The easy-to-read manual, as well as the remote control makes the device very simple to operate and easy to use. Simply turn Revitive on, place both feet on the pads, and set the intensity level - sit back, relax and let the device go to work.
Revitive is designed to be used while seated. Never stand on the Revitive foot-pads.
We recommend using Revitive for 20-30 minutes as part of your daily routine. Revitive is easy and enjoyable to incorporate into everyday life. Sit back, relax and enjoy Revitive while reading, watching the TV or simply having a cup of tea.
Exercise is important and Revitive is not designed to replace exercise. However some people struggle to get much exercise, perhaps due to poor health or age, and this can be especially true when the weather is bad. Research has shown that compared to 20 minutes of heel-toe raising exercises, a simple at-home form of exercise, Revitive was at least or even more efficient at helping to improve swelling and circulation issues.
Revitive devices are all mains operated, however the Revitive Medic and Revitive Medic Knee devices are rechargeable, like a mobile phone, so do not need to be plugged in during use.
No, Revitive Circulation Booster does not vibrate. They use Electrical Muscle Stimulation (EMS), which has been described as being a bit like "pins & needles".
Revitive makes no operating noise. However it does beep at switch-on and switch-off, one beep at the start and three beeps at the end.
No, Revitive Circulation Booster does not heat up. However, increasing blood circulation will naturally slightly increase foot temperature, helping cold feet.
Revitive should not be used by those people who are:
- Fitted with an electronic implanted device such as a heart pacemaker or AICD
- Being treated for, or have the symptoms of, an existing Deep Vein Thrombosis (“DVT”)
- Consult with your doctor before using this device if:
- You are in the care of a doctor
- You have a history of heart problems
- You have suspected or diagnosed epilepsy
- You are unsure about the suitability of Revitive for you
- You are unsure about the cause of your symptoms
If you have a metallic implant, you may experience pain or discomfort near the implant when applying electrical stimulation, if this should occur discontinue use and seek advice from your doctor.
The electrical stimulation may feel more intense close to a metallic implant. It is safe to continue use provided no pain is experienced. You may need to adjust the intensity to a comfortable level
Do not use the electrode pads on your head, face, neck or chest •
Only apply to areas with intact/unbroken skin
Do not apply foot-pads or electrode pads directly or adjacent to these areas:
- On cut or broken skin, open wounds or rashes; swollen, red, infected or inflamed; or skin eruptions (eg phlebitis, thrombophlebitis, varicose veins, cellulitis). Check under your feet and toes before using the device
- On or close to, malignant tumours
- On areas treated with radiotherapy (within the past 6 months)
- On reproductive organs
Electrode Body Pads are for single person use only. Do not share body pads with others
Do not use Body Pads after their use by date
There is a chance you may experience skin irritation or burns beneath the stimulation electrodes or hypersensitivity due to the electrical stimulation
Symptoms may worsen during the initial treatment phase before getting better. This may occur if the body has not yet adjusted to increased muscular activity and blood circulation. If this occurs, reduce the intensity and the duration of treatment which will reduce the initial symptoms. If symptoms persist consult with your doctor.
Be careful when applying stimulation over:
- Areas of skin that lack normal sensation - be careful not to overstimulate the area. Check for signs of skin irritation (redness), bruising or pain. If in doubt consult your doctor
- Over the abdomen during menstruation
- After recent surgical procedures (within the past 6 months) as stimulation may disrupt your healing process
- If you are likely to bleed internally, such as following an injury or fracture – use a low intensity and/or shorter time to avoid over - stimulation
- After a long period of immobility or inactivity – use a low intensity and shorter time to avoid overstimulation or muscle fatigue
Do not use body pads after their expiration date.
This product is not intended for use by persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, unless they are supervised by a person responsible for their safety
Medical device classification is part of the European CE Mark certification that determines the device’s risk level. All CE marked devices are tested for their safety and performance under normal conditions of use. Revitive is a certified Class IIa medical device which means the device is low-medium risk. In addition as a medical device, if you have a long term illness you may be able to claim back the VAT.
As long as you meet the qualifying criteria the exemption process in the Revitive Checkout works as follows:
1. Please ensure that you have registered or logged in before placing an order containing an item that you wish to claim VAT relief for.
2. Once you place an item in your basket you will be presented with a 'pop up' which will ask "will you be claiming the VAT back?" As long as you feel that you meet the criteria above, click on "yes".
3. You will then be presented with a page asking you "who is this product for?" Please click on the appropriate button and then click "continue".
4. In order to meet yours and our legal obligations to HM Customs and Excise and in order to avoid paying VAT you will then be presented with a straightforward on-line VAT relief claim form to complete. Please note that we are only able to exempt VAT from the actual goods, but not from the delivery charges (which will attract VAT as normal). After completing the form you will be taken back to the normal shopping page and can carry on checking out as normal and you will see the 'VAT saving' as part of your savings total.
5. If you are in any doubt as to whether you are able to claim this relief you should consult notice 701/7 VAT reliefs for disabled people.
What does 'disabled or chronically sick' mean?
A person is 'chronically sick or disabled' if he/she is a person:
1. With a physical or mental impairment which has a long term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities.
2. With a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes.
3. With a terminal illness.
4. It does not include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied, or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
All Revitive devices are designed to be portable, lightweight and easy to store. You can compare the width to a large dinner plate or a 12 inch record.
Revitive Medic Knee includes two pairs of extra-large thigh pads, which are used in the Knee Program (which is unique to the Medic Knee device). The Knee program applied via the Thigh Pads strengthens the thigh muscles that support the knee - helping to reduce stress on the knee and relieve pain.
With its unique Dual-Mode, Medic Knee uses two proven technologies to maximize effectiveness as part of your complete Pain Management.
EMS (Electrical Muscle Stimulation) delivered through the Foot Pads, activates muscles in your legs and feet, to increase your circulation and help alleviate aches & pains, helping you to walk further.
TENS ( Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulators) delivered through the Body Pads, can be used to provide immediate, temporary relief of pain for your legs, and other areas of your body.
Revitive Medic Knee has been specifically designed to be used in the comfort of your own home. The easy-to-read manual, as well as the remote control and simple-to-apply thigh pads make the device very easy to use. Simply turn it on and then either place both feet on the Revitive or apply the extra-large Thigh Pads, adjust the intensity (see manual for more detail) and then sit back, relax and let the device go to work.
Unlike Medic, Medic Knee uses unique DualAction technology and extra-large Thigh Pads in the Knee program to deliver targeted and superior relief and management of Osteoarthritis of the knee.
No, you can only do one at a time, as you need to target different areas & muscle-groups with the foot-pad treatment and with Knee program.
No. Only extra-large Thigh Pads can be used with Knee Program. The unique 10/50 second regime is only suitable for thigh-muscle strengthening, and will not work on any other body areas.
As with other Revitive models, some people feel the benefit immediately, but for some people it may take several weeks. It is dependent on the individual, their symptoms, and their underlying medical conditions. Purchases of Medic Knee made directly from Revitive (either from UK-based call centre or from the website) are covered by an extended 90-day risk-free home trial.
Use Thigh Pads 5 times a week, typically for 20 minutes per session. To help you get into a routine you might want to use the Thigh Pads perhaps Monday to Friday. The foot-pads are intended for daily use - for 20-30 minutes. So one option might be: Monday to Friday use the Arthritis Pads AND the foot-pads. And then at the weekend just use the foot-pads. NB you need a bare thigh to use the Arthritis Pads – so maybe wear shorts/skirt.
Save £10 on your first order
Never miss out on exclusive offers, advice & tips to help improve circulation