Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
Revitive has been specifically designed to be used by people of all ages in the comfort of your own home. The easy to read manual, as well as the remote control makes the device very simple to operate and easy to use. Simply turn it on, place both feet on the pads, sit back, relax and let the device go to work.
You use Revitive under your feet whilst sat down. Place the Revitive on the floor next to the chair in front of where you will sit. Sit on the chair and place your bare feet on the footpads. Use the remote control or the buttons on the device to switch it on and begin the program. You can then increase the intensity to the desired level. Sit back, relax and enjoy.
Revitive helps increase circulation throughout the lower legs, ankles and feet.
It is recommended to use Revitive daily, for 20-30 minutes. Some people find they get additional benefits from using Revitive more than once a day.
Exercise is important and Revitive is not designed to replace exercise. Research has shown that compared to 20 minutes of heel toe raising exercises, Revitive was at least or even more efficient at resolving swelling and circulation.
All Revitive devices are designed to be portable, lightweight and easy to store. You can compare the width to a large dinner plate or a 12 inch record.
Revitive makes no operating noise. However it does beep at switch on and switch off, one beep at the start and three beeps at the end.
No. However, increasing blood circulation will naturally increase foot temperature, helping cold feet.
- Fitted with an electronic implanted device such as a heart pacemaker or Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (AICD)
- Being treated for, or have the symptoms of, an existing Deep Vein Thrombosis (“DVT”)
If you have a history of heart problems, consult your doctor before using this device.
If you are unsure about the suitability of a Revitive Circulation Booster for you or unsure about the cause of your symptoms, you should consult with your doctor before use.
Do not use the body pads on your head, face, neck or chest.
Do not apply foot pads or body pads directly:
- On open wounds or rashes, swollen, red, infected, or inflamed areas or skin eruptions (such as phlebitis, thrombophlebitis, varicose veins, cellulitis)
- On or close to, malignant tumours
- On areas treated with radiotherapy (within the past 6 months)
- On reproductive organs
There is a chance you may experience skin irritation or burns beneath the stimulation electrodes or hypersensitivity due to the electrical stimulation.
Be careful when applying stimulation:
- Over areas of skin that lack normal sensation - be careful not to overstimulate the area.
- Over the abdomen during menstruation.
- After recent surgical procedures as stimulation may disrupt your healing process.
- If you are likely to bleed internally, such as following an injury or fracture – use a low intensity and/or shorter time to avoid over-stimulation.
- After a long period of immobility or inactivity – use a low intensity and shorter time to avoid overstimulation or muscle fatigue.
Do not use body pads after their expiration date.
This product is not intended for use by persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities unless they are supervised by a person responsible for their safety.
If you experience adverse reactions, stop using your Revitive Circulation Booster and talk with your doctor.
Symptoms may worsen during the initial treatment phase before getting better. This may occur if the body has not yet adjusted to increased muscular activity and blood circulation. If this occurs, reduce the intensity and the duration of treatment which will reduce the initial symptoms. If symptoms persist consult with your doctor.
When using TENS do not apply to areas of skin that lack sensation
Be careful when applying stimulation over areas of skin that lack normal sensation. It may cause skin irritation due to the inability to feel stimulation until the intensity is too high - use a low intensity to achieve a gentle muscle contraction, and/or use for a shorter time, to avoid overstimulation
When using EMS be careful when applying stimulation:
- Over the abdomen during menstruation
- After recent surgical procedures (within the last six months) as stimulation may disrupt your healing process
- If your tissues are likely to bleed following an injury such as a muscle tear - it is recommended not to stimulate the immediate area within the first 12 hours after sustaining the injury. Use a low intensity and/or shorter time to avoid overstimulation
- After a long period of immobility or inactivity – use a low intensity and shorter time to avoid overstimulation or muscle fatigue. Look for signs of skin irritation (redness), bruising or pain. If in doubt, consult your doctor
When using TENS:
- It is possible Revitive may reduce the sensation of pain that would normally act as a warning of an underlying problem
- If your pain does not improve, gets worse or continues for more than 5 days, stop using the device and seek advice from your doctor
- TENS is not effective in treating the original source or cause of pain
The long-term effects of electrical stimulation are unknown Electrical stimulation may not work for every user, please seek advice from your doctor. This product is not intended for use by persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities unless they are supervised by a person responsible for their safety
Do not stand on the machine. Use only when sitting down
- Use the device only for its intended purpose
- Do not expose the device to extreme heat
- Do not spill liquid on the device or its accessories
- Do not overload the electrical socket
- Keep out of the reach of children
- Revitive may be used by multiple persons. Ensure the device is cleaned after each use
- Use Revitive only with the accessories supplied by, or purchased from, the manufacturer
- Check Body Pads, cords and cables periodically for damage
- Do not openRevitive Circulation Booster or repair it yourself. This will invalidate your warranty and may cause serious harm
- In the unlikely event yourRevitive Circulation Booster malfunctions, disconnect it from the power source and contact your nearest authorised agent
- With the increased number of electronic devices such as personal computers and mobile (cellular) telephones, medical devices may be susceptible to electromagnetic interference from other devices. While the Revitive Circulation Booster has passed the required tests for Electromagnetic
- Interference (EMI), it may still be affected by excessive emissions and/or may interfere with more sensitive equipment
- It has been reported that some universal remote control devices (e.g. for TV etc.) can change the settings on Revitive Circulation Booster if used during treatment. If this should occur, simply adjust the time or intensity settings on Revitive back to where you want them to be using the Revitive Remote
- Control, or using the device Control Panel
- After any exposure to hot or cold temperatures outside the specified operating range of 10 – 40°C allow the product to re-adjust to the recommended operating temperatures to ensure continued product performance
If you experience adverse reactions, stop using Revitive Circulation Booster and consult with your doctor
Sign up to our emails for exclusive offers and more.